November 5, 2011

Poor Daddy

Christmas is hard on a family of 10, especially one living on a lone chef's income. The kids aren't ever disappointed, and I really didn't think they paid any attention to what was wrapped in Adam's and my stockings.

Have you seen the new Walmart commercial where the dad runs his kids over trying to get to the presents on Christmas morning? If you haven't, the dad gets a new tv and exclaims, "I wonder how it fit down the chimney!"

This commercial played the other night while Jet, Jude, and I watched Wheel of Fortune. After it aired, Jude looked at me and asked, "What happened?" I was puzzled, but answered, "That daddy got a tv for Christmas." Jude became quite sober and said, "Wow, that dad is really lucky. Our Dad only gets socks and underwear for Christmas."

Lesson 135: kids being depressed for you because your Christmas presents are nothing more than the necessities you neglected yourself of throughout the year = white trash

I didn't know our kids gave much thought to what we got. Maybe that's why they never complain about the small amount of gifts they get under the tree. They realize it could be much worse. They could be poor Daddy.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have any idea where I can find and watch that walmart commercial about the dad on christmas morning? I saw it once on t.v. and have been searching for it ever since. It was so hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete